Residential Bin collection
General waste bins are collected each week and recycling bins each fortnight.
During school holidays, Rainbow Beach general waste bins are collected every Monday and Friday. Recycling is collected every Monday.
Bins are serviced as normal on public holidays including Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday and Easter Monday.
The household waste and recycling service consists of:
- A 240L wheelie bin for household waste (serviced once per week)
- A 240L wheelie bin for household recyclables (serviced once per fortnight).
- Place bins on the kerbside before 6am on the service day.
- If you can’t move your bins due to disability, you may be eligible for an assisted service (where the truck driver collects the bins and returns them).
- If your bins are damaged or stolen, we will repair or replace bins at no extra charge to you.
- If we can’t supply with a service, there are waste and recycle collection services at nearby locations (such as a bin cluster site).
To report a damaged or stolen bin contact us.
Council has a free App to help you manage your rubbish. See our Waste Wise App page.