If you are using rainwater for drinking and household use, it is important to keep your water supply safe.
Tanks and gutters need regular maintenance. We recommend:
- Checking your roof gutters every six months
- Inspecting the inside and outside of the tanks every six months
- Checking the sediment level every two to three years.
It is also possible to test the water for safety. We provide the below types of water analysis for a fee:
- Microbiological analysis of drinking water
- Analysis of the physio-chemical quality of drinking water
- Microbiological analysis of swimming pool water.
As tanks can become a breeding site for mosquitos, they should be drained if you aren’t using them.
For more information on health and rainwater tanks.
For further information on a private water supply.
Share this page