Before heading into a national park, check if there are any alerts for the park, such as fire or closures.
There are some basic rules for national parks:
- All animals and plants (both alive and dead) are protected and may not be killed, harmed or removed.
- All cultural features in national parks are protected.
- Camping or carrying on any commercial activities without a permit is not allowed.
- No domestic animals are allowed (there are some limited exceptions to this such as guide dogs).
- Feeding native animals is not allowed.
- Mining is prohibited in national parks.
- You will need a permit for using the parks for beekeeping, grazing, etc.
For further and updated information, visit https://www.qld.gov.au/environment/parks
Take a look at what National Parks are in and around the Gympie Region: