Non-sewered sites

If you are not connected to our sewerage system, you will need to have an on-site sewerage system to dispose of your wastewater.

A licence is required for each on-site sewerage system, and they need to be registered with council.

You will need to ensure regular maintenance is performed and you must adhere to the licence conditions. A list of service providers that operate in the Gympie Region can be found here – Sewerage Treatment Plant Service Providers.

Are you doing new plumbing works?

Not all plumbing works will need approval from local government. Talk to your licenced plumber or building certifier who can help you.

A geo technical engineer or soil evaluator can give you advice about the type of system that will be best for your property. Council staff are unable to help with recommendations.

If the plumbing work is for the construction of a new house, shed or other Class 1a and 10a buildings, you will need to apply for a plumbing application.

If it is an existing Class 1a and 10a building, you may not need an application, so give us a call on 1300 307 800 to see if one is necessary.

To assist you with the plumbing approval, follow the application process.

  • Submit your application with:

    • the above forms and any necessary associated plans
    •  site classification report
    •  wastewater report and design
    •  drainage articulation design (if required) to council


    Drop into our Plumbing office, located at 29 Channon Street, Gympie.

    Or post to:

    Gympie Regional Council, PO Box 155, Gympie QLD  4570

    Payment is required when making an application.

    All Fees and Charges – Gympie Regional Council

  • When your plumbing permit has been granted you will receive the development application permit information notice.

    Approved plans will be sent to the applicant and the owner.

    The permit number will be at the top of the approval and we will need this number when you book any inspections.

    To book an inspection email  or call 5481 0456.

    Requests for inspections of plumbing work must be received before 10am the day before the inspection is required.

    Please allow one hour for the inspection to be completed.

  • The final inspection certificate will be issued if all the authorised plumbing and drainage work done under the permit is:

    • compliant
    • operational and fit for use.

In this section