Council holds citizenship ceremonies on behalf of the Department of Home Affairs.
- you will a receive a letter of approval from the Minister for Home Affairs
- your contact details will then be sent to council
- you will be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony.
Up to five ceremonies are held a year with the most popular being the Australia Day ceremony on 26 January.
At the ceremony you will:
- state the citizenship pledge
- receive your Certificate of Australian Citizenship
- become an Australian citizen.
For more information about citizenship ceremonies, contact us on 1300 307 800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.