Advertising signs

Any advertising signs erected roadside or on council controlled land eg. business signage or private signage including garage sale etc, must be approved by council. Approval is limited to special circumstances.

It is prohibited to advertise any vehicle on council controlled roads and reserves. In accordance with our local laws or the Transport Operation (Road Use Management) Act 1995, vehicles displayed for sale on council controlled road or reserves may be issued with a fine and the vehicle may be towed.

Advertising signs or devices erected or displayed on private property may require planning approval.  Residents are encouraged to contact us for advice about the approval process.


Related information

Local laws