Privacy Statement

We will take all necessary steps to protect your privacy under the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Principles that are in that Act.

Collection of personal information

We will tell you:

  • why we need your personal information
  • what personal information is needed to use our products and services
  • if your personal information will be given to a third party to carry out activities on our behalf.

We will not collect unnecessary personal information.

Use of personal information

We will:

  • use your personal information to help you access our products and services
  • collect the information for data analysis
  • remove anything that identifies you, unless you have given us permission.

Disclosure of personal information

We will not share your personal information to anyone else unless:

  • we have your consent to do so
  • we are required to or authorised to do so by law
  • it is believed that disclosure will prevent a threat to life or health
  • that someone servicing council needs to maintain the same or similar privacy laws
  • that another government agency or authority is better able to help with your request.

Security of personal information

We will:

  • aim to securely store the personal information we collect is secure
  • protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised use
  • keep track of all information coming in and out of council.

Care of personal information

You can:

  • access and request updates to the personal information that you have given to us
  • change your consent to use.

We will:

  • aim to ensure and maintain the accuracy of your personal information
  • dispose your personal information when it is no longer needed.

Making a complaint

If you feel we have breached your privacy and confidentiality, you can send a complaint in writing to:

The Chief Executive Officer
Gympie Regional Council
PO Box 155, Gympie Qld 4570

We will investigate your complaint and give you a response. If you are not happy with the outcome, you can send a complaint to the Queensland Privacy Commissioner.

In this section