There are a number of skate parks around the Gympie region:
- Goomeri; Burnett Highway near the centre of town
- Gympie; Youth Precinct, Nelson Reserve, River Road
- Imbil; Lambert Hyne Drive, near Yabba Creek
- Cooloola Cove; Queen Elizabeth Drive at Billabong Park
- Tin Can Bay; Wes Mitchell Park, Toolara Road
- Rainbow Beach; Lawrie Hanson Park, Kirchner Street
- Carters Ridge; Mary Fereday Park, Carters Ridge
- Kilkivan; Lions Park, Wide Bay Highway, Kilkivan
The biggest skate park is the competition-grade Youth Precinct in Gympie.
Youth Precinct, Gympie
The Youth Precinct, located on the old Memorial Pool site, is more than just a skate park; it also has a:
- climbing wall suitable for bouldering
- pump track that allows speed as you ‘pump’ your way around the park
- street section with stairs, rails, hubbas and ledges
- skate bowl with 10 foot, 8 foot and 6 foot sections, and an integrated spine and iconic blue oververt cradle
- flow area with lines for all skill levels, including beginners
And it’s not just for skaters; it’s for scooter and BMX riders as well.
As part of Nelson Reserve, it has plenty of parking and is under lights until 9pm every night. There are shade shelters, seating and viewing areas, bike racks and a powered performance space. Nearby are wheelchair-accessible toilet facilities, water bubblers, BBQs, picnic tables and a playground.