Commercial bin collection
Businesses have the option of using private companies for any of their waste collection services.
We provide a range of waste management services to most commercial premises within the service area.
- kerbside commercial waste (240L wheelie bin)
- co-mingled recycling collections (240L wheelie bin)
- A standard 240L commercial waste service consists of one 240L general waste bin serviced weekly, and one 240L recycling bin serviced fortnightly. Commercial 240L bins in some towns may be able to receive multiple services per week.
- Businesses in Rainbow Beach receive an additional service each Friday during school holidays. Rainbow Beach businesses already receiving multiple services per week (i.e. Monday and Friday) are provided with their additional school holiday service each Wednesday during the school holidays.
Contact us to:
- set up a new waste or recycling collection service
- alter your existing service
- arrange for temporary or additional services
- arrange services for special events.
Our staff can help you assess the needs of your site.
Commercial recycling services
We are committed to diverting waste from landfill and encourage the recycling of all suitable materials. Recycling is good for the environment and can help you save on your waste removal costs.
Items that can be recycled:
- glass jars and bottles (no other glass items are acceptable)
- rigid plastic containers (excluding styrofoam) and plastic bottles
- aluminium cans, steel cans and aerosols
- clean cardboard, newspapers, paper, envelopes and magazines.
Styrofoam can be recycled at Styro Products Gympie, 1808 Harvey Siding Road, Curra. Phone (07) 5483 1513.
Estimating your needs
For existing businesses, estimating the number of waste collection services you need requires measuring your waste – that is, estimating the amount of recyclable and non-recyclable items in your waste stream over a period of time.
Resources to assist you to estimate the type and number of waste collection services are available from the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection.
For proposed businesses, an estimate of waste collection services may be calculated by using the Guideline for general waste and recyclable waste generation.
Considerations to be made when deciding on a bin service
When deciding on the type of waste collection service, we recommend that you give consideration to the type of service which would best suit your requirements:
- The type of waste bins (240L wheelie bins or other)
- The nature and size of the waste
- The frequency of service including provision for busy periods/events
- The location and size of a screened bin enclosure
- Servicing location and access for collection vehicles
- Bin lids to exclude water, flies and vermin; to minimise odour; and retain visual amenity
- Bin washing facilities
Please note that it is a legislated requirement for businesses to supply enough waste containers at the premises to contain waste produced at the premises.