Red Bench Project
The Red Rose Foundation have launched the Red Bench Project to build a permanent reminder that domestic violence occurs within all of our communities.
The presence of a Red Bench in a public location aims to raise public awareness and provide an opportunity for this important issue to remain visible.
The Red Rose Foundation aim to have at least one Red Bench in every local government area in Queensland. There are now over 40 re benches from local government, state government and community groups.
The Queesland Police Service, in conjunction with the Red Rose Foundation and supported by Gympie Regional Council will unveil the Gympie region’s red bench on Thursday, 18 February 2021. At the gold City centre Stage, 89 Mary Street, Gympie between 2pm and 2.30pm.
The Red Rose Foundation is a National not for profit charity who works to end domestic violence across our communities.
If you, or anyone you know in our community is effected by domestic violence, the below support services are available.
- Emergency, 000
- DVConnect, 1800 811 811 (24hr a day service).
- Erin House, 5482 7973 (Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm).
- Gympie Region Domestic and Family Violence service, 5413 8088.
- Men Choosing Change Program, 5480 3400.
- Elder Abuse Support – 1300 351 192.
- 1800Respect – 1800 737 732 (24hr a day service).