The Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme was adopted at Council's Special General Meeting held on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 and commenced on Monday, 1 July 2013.
The Planning Scheme is a living document which sets out the Gympie Regional Council's intention for the future development in the Planning Scheme Area, over the next 20 years. The Planning Scheme applies to the entire Gympie Region, including all premises, roads, internal waterways and local government tidal areas.
A number of amendments have been made to the Planning Scheme since its commencement. The most recent amendments to the Planning Scheme commenced on 23 November 2017 to create the Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013 version 2.0.
Planning Scheme Amendments
Temporary Local Planning Instrument
Local Development Area Structure Plans
There are Local Development Area Structure Plans in place for Southside, Victory Heights and East Deep Creek. Click here to read more about Local Development Areas and the Local Development Areas that are in effect or under consultation.
Planning Scheme Factsheets
Council has developed a number of factsheets regarding common questions arising from the implementation and interpretation of the Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013:
- Character Residential Zone Factsheet
- Planning Scheme Zone Factsheet - Limited Development Zone (Constrained Land)
Superseded Planning Schemes
The Planning Schemes below have been superseded by the current version of the Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013.
Historic Planning Schemes
Prior to amalgamation in 2008, the respective Shires that now make up the Gympie Regional Council Government Area administered individual planning schemes. These include:
- Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013
- Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013 v1.1
- Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013 v1.2
- Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013 v1.3
- Former Cooloola Shire Council Planning Scheme
- Former Kilkivan Shire Council Planning Scheme
- Former Tiaro Shire Council Planning Scheme