Housing and property matters

Drainage easements

Drainage easements on an allotment are legal documents that grant either Council or the upstream owner/s of the land/s above the allotment a legal right to convey stormwater through, or discharge onto the allotment. Read more »

Driveway and property entrances

To assist the safe movement of pedestrians and vehicles, all constructed property entrances must meet the council standard applicable at the time.  Read more »


The Mary River and associated streams pass through the Gympie region.  During periods of high rainfall, parts of the region do experience flooding. Read more »

Gates and grids

Gates and grids require a licence from council. Read more »

House numbers

Identifying numbers should be clearly displayed to facilitate mail deliveries, emergency services etc.  Read more »

Pensioner housing

We have pensioner units located at Goomeri, Imbil, Kandanga, Kilkivan and Tin Can Bay. Contact us for more information.

Pool safety

Drowning is one of the leading causes of death in Queensland children under the age of 5. As a pool owner, you have an obligation to ensure that your pool fence is regularly maintained to ensure continued compliance with the required pool safety standards.  Read more »

Property and footpath maintenance

Overgrown properties. Read more »

Property searches

A great deal of property information is available through our search service.  You can request a property search or a pool safety certificate / pool compliance report for a fee. Read more »

Rates and charges

We charge rates to raise revenue to provide services and infrastructure for our community. Read more »