Harmony Week event
Join us in celebrating Harmony Week and cultural diversity on Sunday March 26 at Nelson Reserve, Gympie.
Join us in celebrating Harmony Week and cultural diversity with a free, family-friendly fun-filled afternoon of cultural performances, food trucks and activities for the kids!
Featuring performances from:
- African Drum Sanctus - African drumming duo, Joseph Matovu and Tunde Solanke learnt from their elders in Africa and share this authentic experience in Australia through a variety of percussion instruments like the shekere (bearded gourd rattle), the djembe, the adungu (African harp) and more…to create an energetic performance of sound and dance.
- Gubbi Gubbi Dance Troupe - Sharing traditional Gubbi Gubbi dances, songs and stories, the Gubbi Gubbi Dance Troupe celebrates their living culture.
- Pitch In - local vocal a cappella group that formed in 2021 and led by Sarah Harvey.
- Cuban Dance Company - Get moving and have fun with Cuban salsa. Now hosting classes in Gympie, the Cuban Dance Company led by Israel Castellanos will get you up and dancing.
- SOLUA - With an uplifting world music blend of Latin, Caribbean, jazz, funk, reggae, and Afro Brazilian music, SOLUA creates a unified loving atmosphere with their heartfelt music, then turns up the heat into a high energy Latin/Caribbean carnival like dance party with infectious worldly vibe full of dancing rhythms. Raised on the sultry Caribbean Island of Guadeloupe by Brazilian and French parents, front-woman Melissa Cambon draws inspiration from her ancestry and performs a repertoire that reflects her wonderfully vibrant heritage. With her smooth vocal melodies sung in multiple languages, SOLUA cools you down with beautiful easy listening songs with strong messages then raises up the vibration unfurling their high energy performance.
Share this page