The Gympie region is abundant with natural assets such as beautiful parks and open spaces, the Mary River and coastal beaches.
Council is committed to responsible environmental management, sustainability and care of the Gympie region and seeks to achieve this by:
- Preserving and enhancing the natural environment
- Reducing our ecological footprint
- Raising awareness of sustainable land management practices
- Improving Council owned and managed properties
- Minimising waste
- Ensuring water is used sustainably
This draft Environment Strategy was endorsed the Council Ordinary Meeting on Wednesday, May 23 with an amendment moved by Councillors.
This amendment is currently being placed and will be online week commencing Monday, May 28.