The Gympie region is abundant with natural assets such as beautiful parks and open spaces, the Mary River and coastal beaches.
Council is committed to responsible environmental management, sustainability and care of the Gympie region and seeks to achieve this by:
- Preserving and enhancing the natural environment
- Reducing our ecological footprint
- Raising awareness of sustainable land management practices
- Improving Council owned and managed properties
- Minimising waste
- Ensuring waster is used sustainably