| || |
The Queensland Museum provide kits and sets of museum specimens and artefacts to schools, playgroups, kindergartens, home school groups, etc. via the Gympie Library. The kits are designed to engage learners in a classroom.
Bookings for 2021 are now being taken.
Click here for the 2021 schedule.
The six kits available for semester 2 (terms 3 and 4) are:
World War II
- How did Australian society change throughout the twentieth century? (HISTORY Year 6 ACHASSK135)
- Investigate wartime experiences through a study of World War II, including causes, events, outcome and broader impact of the conflict (HISTORY Year 10 ACDSEH024 | ACDSEH107 | ACDSEH108 | ACDSEH109 | ACDSEH110)
- How and why do people choose to remember significant events of the past? (HISTORY Year 3 ACHASSK064)
- What are the main natural and human features of Australia? (GEOGRAPHY Year 3 ACHASSK066)
Outback Queensland EY
- What factors affect my connections to places? (GEOGRAPHY Year 2 ACHASSK051)
- How do people and environments influence one another? (GEOGRAPHY Year 5 ACHASSK113)
- Consider the effect of drought on living and non-living aspects of the environment. (EARTH & SPACE Year 6 ACSSU096)
- Living things, including plants and animals, depend on each other and the environment to survive. (BIOLOGICAL Year 4 ACSSU073)
- There are differences within and between groups of organisms. Classification helps organise this diversity. (BIOLOGICAL Year 7 ACSSU111)
- The interactions between organisms, including the effects of human activities. (BIOLOGICAL Year 7 ACSSU112)
Spider and Insect Homes EY
- Living things have basic needs, including food and water. (BIOLOGICAL Prep ACSSU002)
- Living things live in different places where their needs are met. (BIOLOGICAL Year 1 ACSSU211)
- A push or a pull affects how and object moves or changes shape. (PHYSICAL Year 2 ACSSU033) – PC: Push-pull
Multicultural Hats EY
- Daily and seasonal changes in our environment, including the weather, affect everyday life. (EARTH & SPACE Prep ACSSU004)
- What are the different features of places? (GEOGRAPHY Year 1 ACHASSK032)
- How and why are places similar and different? (GEOGRAPHY Year 3 ACHASSK068)
Contact us or phone 5481 0859 to secure your booking.