Queensland Museum kits
Please Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions the Queensland Museum kits are currently unavilable.
| || |
The Queensland Museum provide kits and sets of museum specimens and artefacts to schools, playgroups, kindergartens, home school groups, etc. via the Gympie Library. The kits are designed to engage learners in a classroom.
Bookings for 2020 are now being taken.
Click here for the 2020 schedule.
The six kits available for semester 2 (terms 3 and 4) are:
- How Aboriginal people have a long and continuous connection to Country/Place with traditional knowledge about the properties, use and sustainability of resources from the land, sea, waterways and sky. Objects in this QM Loans kit support inquiry by Year 1 to Year 3 learners: (Year 2–Year 3 HISTORY) (Year 1–Year 3 SCIENCE)
- What do we know about the lives of people in Australia’s colonial past and how do we know? How did colonial settlement change the environment? What were the significant events and who were the significant people that shaped Australian colonies? QCAA: Investigating the colonial period in Australia: Shaping the Australian colonies.(Year 5 HISTORY ACHASS107 | ACHASS108 | ACHASS109 | ACHASS110)
Cultural Celebrations: Seasons
- How and why do people choose to remember significant events of the past? (Year 3 HISTORY ACHASSK065)
- How does the environment support the lives of people and other living things? (Year 4 GEOGRAPHY ACHASSK087)
- Predictable phenomena on Earth, including seasons and eclipses. (Year 7 EARTH & SPACE ACSSU115) QCAA: Why do the seasons change?
Coral Reef Habitat
- Living things, including plants and animals, depend on each other and the environment to survive. (Year 4 BIOLOGICAL ACSSU073)
- Interactions between organisms, including the effects of human activities, can be represented by food chains and food webs. (Year 7 BIOLOGICAL ACSSU112)
- Ecosystems consist of communities of interdependent organisms and abiotic components of the environment. (Year 9 BIOLOGICAL ACSSU176)
- Living things have a variety of external features. (Year 1 BIOLOGICAL ACSSU017)
- Living things can be grouped on the basis of observable features and can be distinguished from non-living things. (Year 3 BIOLOGICAL ACSSU044)
Prehistoric World: Ichthyosaur
- Earth’s surface changes over time as a result of natural process and human activity. (Year 4 EARTH & SPACE ACSSU075)
- The theory of evolution by natural selection explains the diversity of living things and is supported by a range of scientific evidence. (Year 10 BIOLOGICAL ACSSU185)
Contact us or phone 5481 0859 to secure your booking.