Libraries to Reopen
All branches of Gympie Regional Libraries will re-commence on-site access from Monday 1 June 2020. There are changes to opening hours and limitations to numbers of people and services.
Your Library at Home
Your library is available online 24/7. Download free eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines & music. Sream movies for free. Learn something new.
Gympie Regional Libraries have cancelled all programs, events and outreach services
Gympie Regional Libraries have cancelled all programs, events and outreach services.
Gympie Regional Libraries remain open, however we have made the decision to suspend the delivery of all library programs, events and outreach services until further notice.
This takes effect from Thursday 19 March 2020.
This includes Storytime sessions, Tech Savvy Seniors classes, Makerspace events, Tea and Trivia, craft groups and all Council-run programs, events and outreach visits to schools, playgroups and childcare centres.
This wasn’t a decision that was taken lightly, however the safety and health of our community and our staff is our priority.
Should you visit us at the Library, here’s how you can help.
- Please wash your hands before and after visiting our libraries.
- If you have items that are due for return, please renew online, use one of the external return chutes which are open 24/7 or call your local library branch.
- Borrow items from our e-Collection.
- Please do not visit our libraries if you:
- have returned from overseas,
- have had any contact with a known positive case of COVID-19 or are in self-isolation awaiting confirmation testing in the last 14 days,
- have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19,
- are feeling unwell.
We would like to thank the community for their understanding in such unprecedented times. We will continue to monitor the situation and will update you via our website and our social media channels with any further changes to our service.
Gympie Regional Libraries