The waste materials accepted at each facility varies. To view a complete list of accepted materials, select your desired location below. Use the search to find a facility to dispose of special waste, such as:
Our waste management facilities do not accept:
- cooking oil
- contaminated soil
- liquid waste
- distress beacons (EPIRBs)**
- commercial quantities of engine oil
- car bodies and car parts containing automotive liquids
** Distress beacons can transmit from within the landfill causing an emergency response. Unwanted beacons must be disposed of responsibly by placing them in a collection bin at 'Enirgi Batteries', Mellor Street, Gympie.
Recycling of separated loads is free or cheaper than disposal. The following items are free:
- metal objects such as roofing iron
- engine oil (quantities less than 20L)
- car batteries
- all items that are accepted in yellow lidded recycling bin.
- re-sellable/second-hand items
- electronic waste (specific items from residences only)
Disposal of the following tyres for recycling will incur a disposal charge:
- domestic-use tyres (motorcycle, car and 4WD tyres);
- all tyres from businesses; and/or
- all tyres fitting commercial type vehicles (i.e. forklift, bobcat, tractor, truck)
Tyres are only accepted at Bonnick Road Waste Management Facility and Tin Can Bay Waste Management Facility. Council will not accept bulk quantities of tyres for disposal. Businesses should use a tyre recycling company for this purpose.
Keep these items separate when you load to make your unloading easier.
Please note: visitors must wear closed-in footwear at all waste management facilities.
*denotes recycling shop located on-site.