COVID-19 Support for Community
The Queensland Government has released a Roadmap to Easing Restrictions, which outlines a staged approach to relaxing restrictions within Queensland. This means more residents can get out and about and start reconnecting with their communities. We still need to follow public health directions to ensure the safety of our residents and volunteers.
Public Health Information
Queensland Health is the lead agency responsible for responding to COVID-19. Visit their website for detailed information on the current Public Health Directions and health information.
Support during home quarantine
If you need essential food, medicine or household items while in home quarantine, call Queensland Government’s Community Recovery hotline on 1800 173 349
Financial Assitance for indiviuals and households
Providing financial assistance to Australians including Disaster Payment for those affected by Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspots and Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment.
National Debt Helpline 1800 007 007
Provides free financial counselling services
Mental Health and Wellbeing
If you or someone you care about is distressed, in crisis, suicidal or needs someone to talk to, call:
- 1300 MH CALL - 1300 642 255 (24/7 Queensland Health)
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24/7)
- Mindspot (COVID-19 support and guidance on accessing resources and services): 1800 614 434
- Beyond Blue (COVID-19 mental wellbeing support service): 1800 512 348
- Headspace Gympie: 5482 1075 (for young people aged 12-25) or 1800 650 890
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800 (24/7)
- 1800 RESPECT (National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service): 1800 737 732
- DVConnect: 1800 811 811
- Qld Homelessness Hotline (24/7) 1800 474 753
- Parentline: 1300 301 300
- Mensline: 1300 789 978 (24/7)
- Redcross Telecross: 1300 885 698
- Rental Tenancy Authority: 1300 744 263
Lifeline provides crisis support and suicide prevention for all Australians.
Headspace is the national youth mental health foundation (for 12-25 year olds).