Business Recovery and Support
Gympie Regional Council continues to work with government, business and industry representatives to develop and implement actions to support the recovery and ongoing resilience of our local economy. The Gympie Region Economic Recovery Sub Group formed in June 2020 has provided insight and advice to Council’s Local Disaster Recovery Committee on how we can work together in recovering from the impacts of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Business Information and Referral Service
Gympie Regional Council with support from the Regional Chambers of Commerce and the Business Leap Program understand that as a business, you need relevant up-to-date information about financial support services during the COVID-19 response and recovery stages.
Council provides a business information service to assist you and your business to grow and develop into the future. We can also connect you with appropriate state and federal funding programs that may also assist. Please call 1300 307 800 to access this service.
Online Gympie Region Business Directory
Support Local Gympie Region is an online directory of businesses that is free to submit your business details and be promoted as “open for business.”
Well HQ Gympie Region
The small business community knows hard work, long to-do lists, and an ever changing list of priorities. Well HQ Gympie Region is here to put Wellbeing back as a top priority, to help you, your team and your business thrive. The Well HQ portal is a wellbeing space for small businesses and employees that provides businesses in the Gympie Region with access to tailored tools and information designed to connect an individual (or business) to wellbeing resources and mental health information, including:
- Free Wellbeing Coach Sessions - Let's face it owning a small business can be tough. These sessions are perfect for the busy small business owner (or employee) to work through any issues you may be facing.
- Factsheets, eBooks, Tips + Toolkits - Understanding stress, wellbeing & mental health is everyone’s business. Often it's difficult to know where to access useful, easy to understand and relevant information to help.
- Wellbeing blog
Access Well HQ Gympie Region online at https://wellhqgympie.mindstar.com.au
Other resources for businesses
There are a range of COVID-19 Business Hotlines including:
- COVID Hotline for specific enquiries related to re-opening: 134 COVID (134 268)
- Small Business Commissioner (Commercial Tenancies Mediation): 1300 312 344
- Federal Government Business Support Hotline: 132846
- QLD Small Business Hotline: 1300 654 687
- Free Small Business Financial Counselling Service: 1300 732 777
Links to Business Support and Assistance:
- Federal Government Summary of business support packages.
- State Government business support packages and assistance.
- Safework Australia provides checklists, posters and advice on how to be a COVID Safe Workplace.
Roadmap to Easing Business Restrictions
The Queensland Government has developed a Roadmap to Easing Restrictions which outlines the step down approach to easing of restrictions to ensure businesses can reopen in a way that increases business activity but does not compromise the health of customers, staff and the community. Find out what this means at Easing Business Restrictions and specific information here to help businesses plan to re-open safely.