Sewered sites

Sewered sites are connected to the vast network of infrastructure beneath the ground, that is our sewerage system.  The sewerage system transports natural waste from your home or business to the treatment plants.

New plumbing works

Not all plumbing works will require approval from local government.  Your licensed plumber or building certifier can help you determine if the work is notifiable or compliance assessable.

A geo-technical engineer or soil evaluator can provide advice about the type of system that will be best suited for your property.  Council staff are not able to make any recommendations.

Notifiable works

Notifiable work extends the amount of work a plumber or drainer can perform without a local government permit or any requirement for mandatory inspections.

Notifiable work includes most plumbing and drainage work performed in existing homes and some plumbing and drainage work on commercial buildings. 

Tell me more about notifiable works.

Compliance assessable works

Applications must be lodged to gain approval for compliance assessable plumbing works.

My plumbing application is for a:


Related information

Department of Housing and Public Works - plumbing



Solar hot water installations

Treatment plant licence conditions 29KB

Water supply