Sewered commercial plumbing (standard) applications
This information is designed to assist you with the preparation of the required documentation for a plumbing application for a sewered commercial site, so that it may be assessed in a timely manner.
Please note, applications missing information may experience processing delays.
The timeframe for a plumbing application on a sewered commercial site is 10 business days for assessment.
Alterations or additions to existing structures
If your application relates to an addition or alteration to an existing structure, you may not need to complete this application. Your building certifier may advise you to engage a concurrence agency to determine if an application is necessary.
STEP 1 – Complete the checklist
Complete the Class 2-9 plumbing checklist to ensure you have met all the requirements for council to process your application. A detailed explanation of requirements follows the checklist.
The site plan must be drawn to a suitable scale and show:
- the scale clearly, indicating the north point
- the allotment boundary dimensions
- proposed setbacks to the building from boundaries and any easements
- existing structures and appropriate uses
- easements on the property
- service locations eg sewer, water and septic tanks and soakage trenches
- the method of stormwater disposal (including location and size of all rainwater tanks and the location and size of all down pipes and pipes leading to the tank/s)
- the extent of any earthworks - any cut and fill operations
- the type of retaining structure or slope protection required with levels and heights nominated
- any means of site drainage
- floor level in relation to proposed finished ground levels adjacent to the building
- any existing drainage.
Hydraulic plans of at least minimum standard must be lodged with a commercial application.
STEP 2 – Complete the state government forms
The responsible person can be omitted from Form 1 at the time of application. Insert TBA (to be advised) in this field, and when engaged, your independent licence plumber will provide us with Form 7.
STEP 3 – Submit your application
Submit your compiled application.
In person at:
Planning and Development
29 Channon Street
Gympie, Qld 4570
Include a cheque for the applicable fees and post to:
PO Box 155
Gympie, Qld 4570
STEP 4 – Approval and inspections
Once plumbing approval has been granted, a development application decision notice and approved plans will be sent to the applicant.
The permit number can be located at the top of the approval and is needed to book any inspections. Details of the required inspections are contained in the decision notice conditions.
Inspections can be booked via email on email@example.com or by phoning (07) 5481 0400. Please allow for 24 hours notice for all inspections. Please allow one hour variation to the requested time for an inspection, due to constraints and occasional delays.
STEP 5 – Final inspection and Final Inspection Certificate
The final inspection checks on any previous outstanding items, and if compliant, a plumbing compliance certificate will be issued to you.
STEP 6 – Submit a trade waste application if required