The following is a list of road projects scheduled for across the region.
Revitalising the Cooloola Coast Esplanade
Council is committed to improving the pathway network across the region. Council and the Queensland State Government have allocated funding in the 2020/21 financial year to construct and upgrade the footpath/cycle network along the Cooloola Coast, completing the link from Tin Can Bay (Norman Point) to Cooloola Cove (Investigator Avenue/Queen Elizabeth Drive).
Cooloola Cove and Tin Can Bay have a population profile that actively seeks walking, cycling and other low impact physical activity. The Gympie Region Walk and Cycle Strategy identified the Tin Can Bay to Cooloola Cove path as being the region’s most significant link between centres when reviewing regions network coverage.
The key elements of this project include the construction of new concrete pathways within Cooloola Cove and upgraded sections of the existing pathway linking Cooloola Cove to Tin Can Bay. The associated works include wayfinding signage, node points where improved seating will be located, and improved shade opportunities through tree planting along the route to improve the user experience.
Tin Can Bay
The key elements of this project include the construction of a 3.0m wide boardwalk from Cod Street to the Norman Point access road and the completion of the widened foreshore pathway network linking Crab Creek to Norman Point. The associated works include wayfinding signage, node points where improved seating will be located, and improved shade opportunities through tree planting along the route to improve the user experience.
The pathways will improve access to retail shops and schools, and provides support for recreational and tourism pursuits including bird watching, cycling and walking.
Site Location Description of Works
- Tin Can Bay Road (Country Club to Bayside Road) - 2.7m wide concrete shared pathway upgrade
- Bayside Road (Tin Can Bay Road to Endeavour Drive) - 2.7m wide concrete shared pathway upgrade
- Investigator Av (Nautilus Drive to Queen Elizabeth Drive) -1.5m wide concrete pathway installation
- Tin Can Bay Service Road (Dugong Street to School) -1.5m wide concrete pathway installation
- Foreshore (Mallett Street to Kindy Beach) - 3.0m wide concrete shared pathway upgrade
- Foreshore (Cod Street to Norman Point) - 3.0m wide boardwalk & concrete shared pathway installation
- Foreshore (Oyster Parade to Cod Street) - 3.0m wide concrete shared pathway upgrade
- Foreshore (Gar Street to Library) 3.0m wide concrete shared pathway upgrade
Your patience during construction is appreciated. Traffic management measures will be in place to
ensure the safety of pedestrians and motorists.
Construction has commenced in mid-2020 and is to be completed by June 2021.
For more information about this project.
- T 1300 307 800
- E email@example.com