The following is a list of road projects scheduled for across the region.
Cedar Pocket Road and Gap Road, Cedar Pocket - Road Upgrade
Council is committed to improving the road network across the region.
Council and the Australian Government through the Black Spot Program have allocated funding in the 2020/21 financial year to upgrade sections of Cedar Pocket Road and Gap Road, Cedar Pocket.
The work will include:
- clear roadside vegetation to improve sight distance and clear zone
- realign 250m section of Cedar Pocket Road to eliminate compound curve and improve surface irregularities
- realign 200m section of Gap Road to eliminate compound curve and improve surface irregularities
- provide additional warning signage and traffic guidance
- undertake road widening of the narrow sealed section of Gap Road
- provide guardrail (with motorcycle countermeasures) on approaches to Sorensen Bridge and curves on Gap Road, and
- reduce speed limit (as to be determined by speed review).
Council endeavours to minimise disturbance of established vegetation on its projects where possible.
The roadworks will be carried out under traffic controlled conditions. Where works are likely to impact access to properties, Council officers will contact the affected residents to discuss alternate arrangements for access.
Your patience during construction is appreciated.
Construction is programmed to commence in early 2021, subject to weather.
For more information about this project, please contact Council via either of the following methods.
T 1300 307 800