Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) – Grants Program
Through the RADF Grants Program, Council provides financial assistance to eligible individuals, businesses and organisations for projects that respond to local arts and cultural priorities.
The RADF program is a partnership between Gympie Regional Council and the Queensland Government to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.
A total of $71,000 00 is available for RADF grants in the Gympie region in 2021/2022.
Approximately $35,500 is available for Round 1.
DEFINITION & PROJECT EXAMPLES
EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBLE EXPENSES
UP TO 75% OF PROJECT COSTS
MAXIMUM $5,000 GRANT
To assist in the development and/or research of new ideas and projects.
Examples: project proposals, strategic plans, concept plans, script development, rehearsed readings
CREATIVE COMMUNITY PROJECTS
UP TO 60% OF PROJECT COSTS
MAXIMUM $8,000 GRANT
For new arts and cultural projects and activities that have a broader reach within the community.
UP TO 60% OF PROJECT COSTS
MAXIMUM $1,500 GRANT
For activities that build on established art practise and that provide opportunities to share the learnt skills and knowledge with the local arts community.
Examples: attend a masterclass or artist in residence program, mentorship or placement with recognised arts cultural peers or organisations
Grants Information Sessions for Round 1 – Register now!
Please attend one of the Grant Information Sessions to find out more about Council’s Grants Programs.
- Friday 6 August, 12:30pm to 2:30pm at The Pavilion, Gympie Showgrounds
- Monday 9 August, 5pm to 7pm at The Pavilion, Gympie Showgrounds
- Monday 9 August, 10am to 11am online
- Wednesday 18 August, 5pm - 6pm online
Register for the online sessions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must have no outstanding debt with Council
When to apply
|Funding round||Applications open||Applications close||Outcome advised||Project delivery timeframe|
Round 1 2020/2021
1 August 2021
30 August 2021
30 October 2021*
Projects must be completed by 30 April 2022
Round 2 2020/2021
1 February 2022
4 March 2022
|30 April 2022*|| |
Projects must be completed by 30 September 2022
*Outcome advise date may change depending on Council meeting dates.
How to apply
- Before preparing your application, download and read the RADF Grants Programs Guidelines 2021/22.
- Applicants may speak with a member of Council’s arts and culture staff in relation to grant categories, eligibility or definitions prior to submitting their application. Please phone 1300 307 800 or email email@example.com
- Potential applicants are encouraged to attend a Grants Information Session.
- All applications must be submitted online via the Smarty Grants Portal.
- No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
Grant recipients must complete a RADF Outcome Report and acquit grant money within four (4) weeks of project completion. Applicants will receive an email from Smarty Grants with details to complete the Outcome Report. Copies of tax invoices must be attached to the Outcome Report to demonstrate that the grant funds have been used in accordance with the funding agreement.
RADF Volunteer Assessment Panel – Expressions of Interest
RADF grants are assessed by the RADF Volunteer Assessment Panel made of members of the community with knowledge and expertise in the arts and creative sector.
The Panel makes recommendations to Council for projects to be funded through the RADF program.
Expressions of Interest are invited to join the Panel. Read the Terms of Reference for the RADF Volunteer Assessment Panel HERE
Further information and support
For further information and assistance contact Council’s RADF Liaison Officer on 1300 307 800 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org