Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013 Amendment Package 2
Notice is given under the Planning Act 2016, that on 24 February 2021 Gympie Regional Council adopted Amendment Package 2 to the Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013. The purpose and general effect of the major, minor and administrative amendments in Amendment Package 2 is to address a wide range of matters including zoning anomalies and resolving priority operational issues to ensure improved clarity and ease of interpretation, including: -
- Updating various Planning Scheme map sets to incorporate new State government data (e.g. Bushfire Hazard);
- Zoning amendments, including removing the Local Development Area (LDA) boundary for the Victory Heights LDA;
- Amendments to the Infrastructure and Operational Works and the Reconfiguring a Lot Codes;
- Amendments to Planning Scheme Policy 1: Development Standards, including: -
- the detail required for stormwater, earthworks, access, roads, retaining walls, intersections, infrastructure design life, demonstrating minimised maintenance and potential of failure, design standards, and SPP changes, uncompleted works bonds no longer accepted, incorporated Inspection and Test Plan and standard Council forms, Wide Bay Burnett Regional Organisation of Council’s (WBBROC) Design and Construct standards reference added and updated list of standard drawings (via web link),
- deemed to comply table added in for detention basins, and
- Table SC6.11 in PSP 1 amended to include minimum flood levels previously contained in tables at the end of each zone code.
- New operational works triggers in the Tables of Assessment;
- The introduction of new Home-Based Business and Advertising Devices Codes
- Relocation of certain sections and provisions from zone codes to consolidated codes (to avoid duplication);
- Requirements for private and communal open space for Dual Occupancies;
- Amendments to car parking rates to address anomalies for particular uses;
- General improvements focusing on improving the clarity of Council’s policy intent (e.g. redrafting provisions with clearer language and intent);
- Removal of sections in Planning Scheme Policy 1: Development standards and in the Local Government Infrastructure Plan that refer to water and sewer requirements and replace them with references to the WBBROC Design and Construct Codes (where relevant).
The commencement date for Amendment Package 2 is 15 March 2021, having effect from this date to form a new version, Version 3.0, of the Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013. The Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme 2013 v3.0 will be available for inspection and purchase at Council’s Planning and Development Directorate located at 29 Channon Street, Gympie during normal office hours.
Copies are available on Council’s website from the date of publication of this notice.