Pensioner concessions

If you are the holder of a current pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veteran Affairs, or a Queensland Repatriation Health Card for all conditions (Gold Card) issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs, you may be eligible for a rebate on your rates.

If the property is your principal place of residence, please complete the Pensioner Remission form and drop it into Council's offices at either Town Hall, 2 Caledonian Hill, Gympie, or 26 Bligh Street, Kilkivan. Your pension card will need to be sighted when lodging this form.

State Government Pensioner Subsidy

The State Government Pensioner Subsidy is a rebate for eligible ratepayers that applies to the total rates and charges on your notice.

You will notice two payable amounts on your rates notices (net total payable and total payable).

If you pay on or before your due date, your net total payable amount will be your rates and charges minus the subsidy and your rebate.

If you pay after your due date, your total payable amount will be your rates and charges minus the subsidy.

The other amount which appears on your rates notice (Total Due) is the total of your fees and charges if paid after the due date. 



Discount of 10% on General Rate only for payment of the current half yearly levy has been calculated and shown on the rate notice and will be allowed, provided the applicable amount due is received by Council on or before the due date.

If you are mailing your payment, please ensure you allow sufficient time to reach Council before the last day of discount.

Payments received in the mail after the discount expiry date do not qualify for the discount.