When we investigate complaints about particles, we consider the:
- quantity of particles being emitted;
- duration and rate of emission and the particle's characteristics and qualities;
- sensitivity of the environment into which the particles are being emitted and the impact that it has had or may have;
- the view of other neighbours or complainants.
How can I reduce my air-borne particles?
- Consider weather conditions before starting jobs such as spray painting and chemical spraying.
- Use accurate spraying equipment.
- Erect a physical barrier such as sheets or hessian.
- Consider an alternative location such as a commercial spray booth.