Our Towns - Imbil (Stage 6)
The "Our Towns" program aims to introduce streetscape and public space improvements to deliver a range of social and economic opportunities in the main street of the Imbil township.
Streetscape improvements enhance the visual amenity for business growth and investment, and offer an attractive setting for locals and visitors to meet and socialise.
Numerous community engagement sessions were held in Imbil over the course of the project to allow community members to have their say on improvements in the township.
The Concept Master Plan was on public display from 11 December, 2017 to 6 February, 2018.
The plan and associated recommendations were endorsed by Council in June 2018.
Concept Master Plan
The Concept Master Plan identifies five key immediate and short-term priorities for streetscape and public space improvements:
- Priority Project 1 - streetscape upgrades to the section of Yabba Road (between Diggings Road and William Street)
- Priority Project 2 - a skate park at recommended location in the area adjacent to Bert Smith Memorial Park
- Priority Project 3 - continuation of landscaping from the playground to Lambert Hyne Drive
- Priority Project 4 - increased and formalised parking on William Street
- Priority Project 5 - an additional road crossing on Yabba Road to create a safer connection between Mary Valley State College and Bert Smith Memorial Park
Priority Project 1 - Streetscape upgrade to Yabba Road (between Diggings Road and William Street)
- Provision for safer crossing at Yabba Creek Road between the shops and Yabba Creek Parklands (including investigation with Main Roads);
- New improved and uniform footpath treatments;
- Street trees, garden landscaping and new street furniture.
Concept design development will be undertaken in the 18/19 financial year, with capital work funding to be considered as part of future budget deliberations.
Priority Project 2 - Mary Valley Skate Park
Have your say on the skate park design!
Community engagement timeline:
|Further targeted consultation with nearby/adjoining residents and business owners||3 – 14 September 2018|
|First design consultation with Mary Valley State College students||Tuesday 18 September 2018 1pm – 3pm|
|First Community Design Session||Tuesday 18 September 2018 4pm – 6pm @ Bert Smith Memorial Park|
|Second design consultation with Mary Valley State College students||Tuesday 9 October 2018 1pm – 3pm|
|Second Community Design Session||Tuesday 9 October 2018 4pm – 6pm @ Bert Smith Memorial Park|
|Design uploaded to this Council webpage and on display at Imbil Library||November/December|
The $300,000 skate park project is fully funded by the State Government's Works for Queensland Program, together with the design and installation of the Mary Valley Rail Trail (Imbil – Brooloo section) which will be delivered with a further $300,000 in funding.
For further information, contact the Planning, Strategy and Major Projects Team on 1300 307 800 or email email@example.com.