Our Towns - Goomeri (Stage 4)
The ‘Our Towns’ Goomeri project first round implementation activity was delivered by 30 November 2017 and was jointly funded under the Queensland Government’s Works for Queensland funding program ($300K) and Council’s capital work budget ($200K).
This project involved the construction of capital streetscape improvements in the heart of the Goomeri Township, focussing on the area between the historic rail station and Boonara Street, and fronting the new Kilkivan to Kingaroy Rail Trail.
The significant works included creating:
- a new market square park;
- improved service vehicle manoeuvring area;
- formalised vehicle access from Perrett St;
- long vehicle day use parking; and
- improved connections from the new Rail Trail to the local centre.
This project has improved the presentation of this space, transforming it from a back of house to the shops fronting Boonara St to an attractive node addressing the Burnett Highway in its own right.
Delivery of the project directly responds to the outcomes of public consultation undertaken in 2015.