When we investigate complaints about odours, we consider the:
- amount of odour being emitted;
- duration and rate of emission and the odour's characteristics and qualities;
- sensitivity of the environment into which the odour is being emitted and the potential impact;
- the view of other neighbours or complainants.
How can I reduce odours?
- Keep your property tidy and don't allow vegetation or rubbish to accumulate.
- Consider weather conditions before starting work that will create odour, for example when using fertiliser.
- Enclose or cover compost bins and piles of vegetation.