Capital Works Program on Track
Gympie Regional Council is proud to announce that the Capital Works Program is on target. The value of the work to date exceeds the total value of works delivered last financial year with five more months still to go. The 25 completed projects range from bridge and stormwater upgrades to road repairs all over the Gympie region.
Councillor Warren Polley said that the Council is delivering on their promise of back to basics.
“The Gympie community will be pleased to hear that Council’s commitment to back to basics is proven in the recently completed capital works.
“What I can reveal is that the 25 completed works in the Capital Works Program have been delivered below budget and ahead of time, something that is understandably important to the rate payer” he said.
The list of completed works is below:
• Tin Can Bay Esplanade Paths - Nola Bale Bridge upgrade
• Ferguson Street stormwater upgrades
• Nash Road widening (Ces Rivers Road to Quinlan Road)
• Neerdie Road widening (Gunalda)
• Investigator Avenue Road upgrade (Nautilus Drive to QE Drive)
• Hughes Terrace asphalt overlay
• River Road rehabilitation/renewal (Jaycee Way to Calton Terrace)
• Old Maryborough Road rehabilitation/renewal (David Street to Fisher Road)
• David Drive, rehabilitation/renewal
• Amamoor Creek Road - floodway upgrade
• Jensen Road timber bridge rehabilitation/renewal
• Abel Road (Frank Farmer Bridge #146) timber bridge rehabilitation/renewal
• Eel Creek Road (Coppermine Creek Road #20) timber bridge rehabilitation/renewal
• Kinbombi Road (Barambah - Kinbombi Bridge #136)
• Phoenix Lane stormwater upgrades
• 449 Sandy Creek Road stormwater upgrades
• 4 Bath Terrace stormwater upgrades
• Kerb and channel replacement (Gayle Court and Park Street)
• Mellor Street (Civic Centre) bus stop
• Chatsworth Road, Two Mile State School, upgrade student set-down facilities
• Cavanagh Road sealing
• Excelsior Road pathway (Perseverance Street to Dent Lane)
• Mellor Street pathway (Five Ways to Alma Street)
• Lowe Road bitumen sealing
• Old Maryborough Road widening - Victory College
To find out more information on the Capital Works Program, visit https://www.gympie.qld.gov.au/budget