Are you passionate about pests and weed management?
Gympie Regional Council is calling for expressions of interest for membership of the Weed and Pest Advisory Committee (WPAC).
The purpose of the advisory committee is to provide advice and feedback to Council on invasive plant and pest animal related matters in accordance with Council’s adopted Biosecurity Plan.
The advisory committee acts as a conduit and single point of contact through which stakeholders can raise issues with Council, and remain informed regarding invasive species management business administered by Council.
WPAC members get involved with:
- Actively promoting and contributing to invasive species management
- Increasing community understanding of Lands Protection projects
- Representing stakeholder interests and relaying information relating to opportunities and issues
- Reviewing Council draft documentation and proposed project work
- Participating in the annual review of the Gympie Region Biosecurity Plan (2017-2022)
- Supporting Council with the implementation of the Queensland Biosecurity Act 2014.
As an added benefit, WPAC members also have an opportunity to apply for state government funding for weeds- and pest- related projects and initiatives. Funding application information and the WPAC Terms of Reference can be viewed at www.gympie.qld.gov.au/weeds-and-pest-animal-control.
This is a voluntary position. Expressions of interest close Monday, 18 November 2019.
To find out more, call 1300 307 800 or visit www.gympie.qld.gov.au/weeds-and-pest-animal-control.