Conserving and creating natural habitats is one of the best ways to support our region’s native flora and fauna.
The Land for Wildlife program encourages private landholders to contribute towards creating a network of natural habitat that provide food, water, shelter and protection for all wildlife.
About Land for Wildlife
Land for Wildlife is a free, voluntary program for landholders who want to provide habitat for wildlife on their property.
The program provides a variety of support and resources to individual landholders including:
- access to a dedicated Land for Wildlife officer
- the opportunity to learn about native plants, wildlife and ecosystems, as well as how to manage weeds and pests through things like newsletters, how-to guides and workshops
- the chance to restore degraded land, improve water quality of creeks and rivers and create wildlife corridors.
How do I get involved?
To find out more or to register your property with Land for Wildlife, simply call Gympie Regional Council’s Land for Wildlife Officer on 0447 051 329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gympie Regional Council Land for Wildlife Event Schedule
The Gympie Regional Council Land for Wildlife program is excited to announce this year’s schedule for Field days and workshops.
Hosted by member properties, the field days are a great opportunity to:
- network with likeminded people dedicated to environmental conservation and share experiences about your conservation journey,
- learn new tips and approaches to ecological restoration,
- experience different environments/ecosystems and get to see close up areas in the Gympie region which are usually not accessible.
This year’s workshop will introduce camera technology which allows a different observational experience and wildlife apps which are important learning tools and contribute to environmental planning and management.
Sunday 14 March - Land for Wildlife Walk and Talk Property Visit at Wilsons Pocket
Sunday 6 June 6 - Land for Wildlife Walk and Talk Property Visit at Gundiah
Sunday 8 August 8 - Land for Wildlife Workshop – Monitoring Cameras and Wildlife apps, Albert Bowls Club
Sunday 24 October - Land for Wildlife Walk and Talk Property Visit at Madill Road, Tandur
The field days and workshops are open to all members of Land for Wildlife and those wanting to join the program.
For further details, please contact:
ENVIRONMENT OFFICER - PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMS, ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING
Gympie Regional Council
Phone: 5481 0634
Mobile: 0447 051 329
Useful links and resources
Download the Land for Wildlife brochure
Visit the Land for Wildlife (SEQ) website