Community Development Grant Program
Grants and Project Planning Information Session – February 2021
This free workshop will help your organisation to plan projects and improve your grant writing skills. Gain knowledge and tips on how to define your project, understand your stakeholders and scope your project resources, milestones and budget.
Face to Face Session:
Wednesday 3 February 2021
Time: 12.30pm to 2.00pm
Venue: The Pavilion Conference and Reception Centre, 77 Exhibition Road, Southside
Registration closes: Monday 1 February 2021
Date: Wednesday 10 February 2021
Time: 12.00pm to 1.00pm
|Community Projects||To support community led projects that increase the social wellbeing of residents in the Gympie region|
|Organisational Development||To increase the capacity of community organisations to deliver services to their members and the broader community.|
|Facilities Development||To support safe, inclusive and accessible community facilities to enhance community participation, active and healthy lifestyles and social wellbeing.|
Who can apply
Community organisations that:
- are an incorporated not-for-profit community organisation, or have an auspice arrangement with an incorporated not-for-profit community organisation (including not-for-profit co-operatives and companies limited by guarantee)
- hold $20M public liability insurance and other forms of insurance relevant to the project
- have no outstanding debt with Council
- are based in, or provide direct benefits to, the Gympie region
When to apply
Project delivery timeframe (one year)
25 November 2020
1 January 2021 to
31 December 2021
5 February 2021
22 March 2021
31 May 2021*
1 July 2021 to
30 June 2022
* Outcome advise date may change depending on Council meeting dates
How to apply
- Before preparing your application, download and read the Community Development Grants Program Guidelines 2020/21.
- Applicants must speak with a member of Council’s Community Partnerships Team prior to submitting their application. Please phone 1300 307 800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Groups are encouraged to attend a Grants Information Session. See information above.
- All applications must be submitted online via the Smarty Grants Portal.
- The link to the Smarty Grants Round 2 application forms will be available in Round 2 from this page.
- No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
Recipients of Community Development Grants are required to submit an outcome an on-line outcome report no more than four (4) weeks after the completion date of the funded project.
Council staff will send you information about how to complete the online outcome reports.
Further information and support
Please contact Council’s Community Partnerships Team, phone 1300 307 800 or email@example.com.
Due to COVID-19, Council understands that some projects may need to be postponed or varied.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss how we can help.
Successful applicants – Round 1, 2020/21
Round 1 successful projects were endorsed by Council on 25 November 2020. A total of $75,912 was awarded to 12 projects across the three grant categories. The list of successful projects can be found here