Food safety resources
Food industry fact sheets - Queensland Health
Food Safety Standards - Food Standards Australia New Zealand
Standard 3.2.2 Food Safety Practices and General Requirements, and
Standard 3.2.3 Food Premises and Equipment, and
Standard 3.3.1 Food Safety Programs for Food Service to Vulnerable Persons
Use of non-reticulated water in a food business - Queensland Health
Water used for any purpose in food business/premises must be of a potable standard. If you intend to use water that is not from council's reticulated water supply, you will be required to treat/disinfect the water.
Food Industry Recall Protocol - Food Standards Australia New Zealand
It is a legal requirement under Chapter 3 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code for food manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and importers to have a written food recall plan.
The purpose of a food recall plan is to enable a food business to efficiently recall unsafe food from the marketplace and consumers in order to protect public health and safety. In doing so, the assets of the business that include reputation and brand image are also preserved.
Label buster guideline - Queensland Health
Food manufacturers, packers and wholesalers are required to provide food labelling.
Food for retail sale or catering purposes is exempt from labelling where the food is:
- not in a package
- in an inner package not designed for individual sale
- made and packaged on the premises from which it is sold
- packaged in the presence of the purchaser
- whole or cut fresh fruit and vegetables in packaging that does not obscure the nature or quality (does not include sprouting seeds or similar products)
- delivered packaged and ready for consumption at the express order of the purchaser
- sold at a fundraising event.
Meat and Meat products supplement - Queensland Health
Seafood supplement - Queensland Health
Bread and Bakery products supplement - Queensland Health
Australian Standard 1668.2-2002 - Standards Australia
Mechanical exhaust ventilation requirements.
Licensing requirements for mobile food businesses - Queensland Health
Mobile food premises fit-out guide - LG Toolbox
Water carriers fact sheet - LG Toolbox
Food safety for fundraising events - Queensland Health
- Industry development
- Investing in the region
- Resources and information
- Business confidence survey
- Business organisations
- Chambers of commerce
- Digital Gympie
- Economic Development Unit
- Food businesses
- Licences and permits
- Government info and initiatives
- What's new