Emergency Services Expo
The Emergency Service Expo will be held on Saturday, 30 June, 2018 from 9am to 2pm at the Gympie Showgrounds.
Residents are invited to come along and learn what to do before, during, and after, a disaster.
There will be a number of interactive demonstrations and information displays from:
- Gympie Regional Council
- Queensland Fire & Rescue
- Rural Fire Service
- McDermotts Aviation
- Clayton's Towing
- Matt Golinski
- State Emergency Service
- Queensland Police Service
- Queensland Ambulance Service
- Transport and Main Roads
- Australian Red Cross Service
- South East Queensland Fire & Biodiversity
- Sunshine Coast Hospital & Health Service
- Scouts Queensland
Food and drinks will also be available.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to win a number of prizes by completing an Expo Passport on the day, which will be handed out on entry.
Walk through the Expo exhibits and learn about emergency risks and how to prepare for them. Answer each question and have your passport stamped.
When complete, you can drop your entry into the box at Council's Disaster Management Display.
- Two nights accommodation in a one bedroom ocean facing ground floor apartment for two guests at Plantation Resort Rainbow Beach
- Ryobi 2400W Generator
- 60 minute Noosa Scenic Flight for two people
- 1 x 42 litre Icebox from BCF
- Family pass to Australia Zoo
- Golf Day Package at Gunabul Golf & Cottages, Gunabul Homestead which includes an 18 hole round of golf, a golf cap and a lunch voucher
- 3 x Family Entertainment Packs consisting of:
- a Family Pass to the Aquatic Recreation Centre
- a Jungle Gym Play voucher for a toddler and a school age
- a movie pass to the Gympie Cinema for two adults
- a Ten Pin family pass
- An M1 Car First Aid Kit
- $50 Dinner Voucher at the Mary River Motor Inn
- Local produce packs from Gympie Regional Council Information Centre and Golden Vale citrus consisting of a basket containing local produce and citrus trees
- $100 Bunnings Gift Voucher
The prize draw will be held on the day at 2pm.
The Emergency Services Expo is fully funded by a grant from Get Ready Queensland.