COVID-19 E-Commerce Grants for Business
$700 (EX GST)
E-Commerce Audit and Digital Training – Financial assistance for an initial audit of your current on-line activity and training in optimising your existing digital platforms and using social media for better business outcomes.
$1,500 (EX GST)
E-Commerce Audit, Training and Solution – Financial assistance for an initial audit of your current on-line activity; training in optimising your existing digital platforms and using social media for better business outcomes; and the development of an e-commerce solution specific to your business. This may include a new website or an upgrade to an existing website.
Who can apply for an E-Commerce Grant?
Retail Businesses* located within the Gympie Region Local Government area that are:
- An owner/occupier or tenant of an owner, paying Commercial Rates to Gympie Regional Council
- Trading from a physical retail shopfront premise for a minimum of 6 months (as at 16 February 2020)
- Either currently not selling goods or services online (no website capacity and no social media presence) OR goods and services are online but with little to no capacity to sell goods and services other than over the counter
- Can provide evidence of a decrease in weekly over-the-counter sales or service sales since 16 February 2020
- Have a current ABN
- Registered for GST
- Hold $10M public liability insurance
*DEFINITION OF RETAIL BUSINESSES: Businesses that sell goods and/or services to the public from a physical shopfront location for use or consumption by the public rather than for resale.
When to apply and key dates
The E-Commerce Grants closed on 30 May 2020.
Recipients of the E-Commerce Grants are required to submit an outcome report by 31 July 2020. Outcome Reports must be submitted online.
Council staff will send you information about how to complete the online outcome reports.
Further information and support
If your business wishes to discuss grant funding arrangements or needs assistance with completing the online forms, please contact Gympie Futures Team on 1300 307 800 or email email@example.com.