Water and sewer connections/disconnections


A one-off water connection fee is required when lodging a plumbing application on a reticulated site. If the property is in a new subdivision, it may have already been paid by the developer. Contact us to check if a water meter is connected.

A sewer connection fee is to be paid with the plumbing application.  The necessary plumbing is to be carried out by a licenced plumber.


To disconnect a current water or sewer service, the work must be carried out by a licenced plumber.  To meet compliance, this type of work can be completed as notifiable or compliance assessable work.


Related information

Application for water or sewerage connection/disconnection

Fees and charges