COVID-19 Information for Community and Sporting Groups
Each community group and sporting club in the Gympie region offers different activities and facilities which will influence the health and safety measures required to operate each site. It is critical that Management Committees of clubs refer to the Queensland Government website to understand how the restrictions apply to specific organisations and activities.
Council owned or trustee facilities
If your club or group is leasing or managing a Council owned or controlled facility, your organisation must follow the Queensland Government Public Health Directions. Council strongly encourages you to follow the guidance provided below. Please contact Council’s Community Partnerships Team on 1300 307 800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further assistance with understanding your COVID safe obligations.
Sport and Recreation Clubs in Gympie Region
For guidance on how to safely return to play, groups are encouraged to follow the Queensland Government guidance at Queensland Return to Play.
Your group can also contact the Queensland Government Sport and Recreation Advisor for our region on phone: 4336 7001 or email email@example.com
Checklists, Templates and Posters
Council has collated a range of documents below to print and display at your club or facility.
- Industry COVID Safe Plans for sport, recreation and fitness
- COVID Safe Event Checklist
- COVID Checklist: Recurrent Markets
- Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events in Queensland
- General stop the spread posters
- Routine cleaning information sheet
- How to hand wash poster
- Instructional hygiene posters
- Keeping your distance poster
- Simple steps to stop the spread poster
- Mental health and wellbeing information poster
- Record of attendance
The Qld Government Voluntary Safe Checklist for Businesses is a useful guide that can be adapted by community organisations as a general guide for making your facility COVID-Safe.
Other useful websites with COVID-19 checklists and posters:
- Safe Work Australia has created a variety of checklists and posters that will assist groups to implement health and hygiene measures.
- SportAus has practical resources that focus on giving sporting organisations a roadmap for the safest return to sport at all levels.
- Australian Men’s Shed Association provides practical guidance for reopening your men’s shed.
- Queensland Government has recommendations on COVID-19 cleaning, disinfection and waste.