Council holds citizenship ceremonies on behalf of the Department of Home Affairs.
Information on citizenship applications is available from citizenship.gov.au, or phone 131 880.
After completing the application process:
- you will a receive a letter of approval from the Minister for Home Affairs.
- your contact details will be forwarded to council.
- you will be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony.
Up to five ceremonies are held a year, the most popular being the Australia Day ceremony (26 January).
At the ceremony you will:
- state the citizenship pledge.
- receive your Certificate of Australian Citizenship.
- become an Australian citizen.
For information on citizenship ceremonies, contact us.