Buying or taking over an existing licensed business

If you are planning to take over an existing food business, you will need to determine whether the business holds a current Food Business Licence and the current status of the premises.

It is highly recommended that you conduct a property search to determine if there are any outstanding requisitions associated with the business. Outstanding requisitions can include planning matters, as well as building or plumbing compliance matters, or breaches of the Food Safety Standards.

Council’s Environmental Health Services offer a property search that includes a premises inspection, records search and a written report.

Applications must be accompanied by the relevant fee and consent of the current licence holder.

To amend the licence into another person's name, an application for Amendment of Food Business Licence and relevant fee must be submitted to Council. This form must be signed by both the current licensee and the proposed licensee and accompanied by the relevant fee.

Links to the following documents