The Gympie region is home to around 4,500 businesses who contribute to a strong and resilient economy that enables the region to grow as a great place to live, work and play.
Council is focused on supporting local business activity and innovation while also building the reputation of the region as a key investment location.
The Gympie Region Economic Development Strategy 2014-2019 is designed as a blueprint for sustainable economic growth to capitalise on business opportunities nationally and in the global marketplace.
Advantages for business
The Gympie region provides outstanding benefits to companies that are expanding and need to relocate or establish a new operating base on the fringe of the major south-east Queensland market.
Businesses in the Gympie region enjoy a significant cost advantage and availability relating to commercial and industrial land over larger metropolitan urban areas in south-east Queensland - eg. Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Caboolture, Gold Coast and Ipswich - along with access to NBN and technology services.
In addition, those who live and work in this growing region experience highly attractive and affordable quality-of-life advantages and elevated levels of infrastructure and service when compared with other metropolitan and regional areas across Queensland and Australia.
The region offers many advantages to companies who are seeking an operational base for both south-east Queensland and the Wide Bay Burnett, including:
- Highly competitive business costs - significant cost advantage over metropolitan and larger urban areas
- Strategic location - over 3 million consumers are within two hours of Gympie
- High growth commercial and residential corridor
- Benefits of a coastal business location without metropolitan prices
- Less than two hours to major markets of Brisbane and South East Queensland
- Research facilities at the University of Sunshine Coast (USC) campus in Gympie
- A skilled and educated workforce
- Local, state and federal government co-operative partnership to respond quickly to business and community needs
- Tailored commercial accommodation solutions - land, lease or purpose built
- Fully developed commercial and industrial sites with access to water and all other essential services connected.
Well established economic zones with ample land designated for expansion, and the availability of skilled labour means that sustainable growth for businesses can be achieved for many years to come.
For more information, contact the Economic Development Unit on 1300 307 800 or email@example.com