Bullock Point Boat Ramp
A new three-lane boat ramp, floating walkway and parking facility will be constructed at Bullock Point, Inskip.
Scope of works
The new facility will:
- improve safety and access to surrounding waterways
- allow for increased patronage of the boat ramp and relieve pressure at other nearby boat ramps
- provide improved parking facilities to support the popular tourist centre, particularly during busy period
- reduce ongoing maintenance requirements
Budget and funding
The $2 million project is jointly funded by the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR), the Queensland Government's Building our Regions program and Gympie Regional Council:
- Department of TMR contributing $1.5 million
- State Government's Building our Regions contributing $250,000
- Council contributing $250,000
The project is scheduled to start in early 2018, weather permitting.
Pensar Pty Ltd will construct the project, with works expected to take about six months to complete, weather permitting.
The existing boat ramp and car park will be temporarily closed to construct the new facility.
The boat ramps at Carlo Point (Rainbow Beach) and Snapper Creek (Tin Can Bay), will be available for boaties during this time.
For more information