Arts and Cultural Plan 2015-2025
Our Arts and Cultural Plan 2015-2025 guides the approach to cultural investment and activity for the Gympie region.
Our key objectives are to:
- recognise the vital role arts and culture play in the wellbeing, prosperity and distinctiveness of the region
- provide space and opportunity for people to express themselves creatively, come together and share experiences as a community
- celebrate and protect a rich history that continues to inform and shape our futures
- support local careers and skill development in the creative industries
- harness the location, environment and cultural assets of the region to attract visitors and investment
- enhance liveability, lifestyle and well-being for residents
- effect a culture shift within Council which acknowledges and considers cultural outcomes across each business area.
The Plan focuses on four strategic outcomes:
- People - shaping the region’s local culture through the stories, values, creativity, generosity and passion of our residents.
- Place - inspiration from our natural environment to provide accessible, active community spaces and facilities.
- Past - our history informs the future and ensures our cultural heritage is valued, shared and protected.
- Possibility - use of creativity to forge opportunities to grow, innovate, plan and achieve.
Council recently conducted a review of the Arts and Cultural Plan. Download a copy of the Arts and Cultural Plan 2015-2025 Review – Summary and Action Plan.
The next Arts and Culture Forum on Saturday 20 February 2021 invites the community to discuss the recommendations from the review and determine Council’s priorities until 2025. Register to attend the Forum here.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Council on 1300 307 800.