Arts and Cultural Plan 2015-2025
Our Art and Cultural Plan 2015-2025 guides the approach to cultural investment and activity for the Gympie region.
The Plan focuses on four main areas:
- People - shaping the region’s local culture through the stories, values, creativity, generosity and passion of our residents.
- Place - inspiration from our natural environment to provide accessible, active community spaces and facilities.
- Past - our history informs the future and ensures our cultural heritage is valued, shared and protected.
- Possibility - use of creativity to forge opportunities to grow, innovate, plan and achieve.
Arts and Cultural Reference Panel
Council's Arts and Cultural Reference Panel works to support, celebrate and develop the creative and cultural life of the region.
The Panel is chaired by Council's Social Wellbeing Portfolio Councillor, Dan Stewart and is made up of six community representatives and relevant Council officers. Members of the panel are selected every two years.
The objectives of the Arts and Cultural Reference Panel are to:
- contribute to the ongoing review of Council’s Arts and Cultural Plan 2015-2025;
- contribute to assessment of Council’s Community Assistance Grant - Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) category twice yearly;
- offer insight and strategies around arts and cultural development across the region;
- facilitate communication between community representatives and Council in arts and cultural-related disciplines; and
- take an active role in supporting cultural opportunities across the region.
Hard copies of the Arts and Cultural Plan are available at the Community Services building (24 Mellor Street, Gympie), and the Gympie Regional Gallery (39 Nash Street).
For further information, please email email@example.com.