COVID-19 Community Group Questionnaire - COMPLETED
Council understands that volunteers and community groups play a critical role in our community. In May/June 2020, Council asked community groups how they have been impacted by COVID-19 through a short questionnaire. The purpose of the questionnaire was to ensure Council can shape programming and services to meet the needs of our community groups in response to COVID-19.
Summary of Findings
Council received a total of 40 completed responses to the questionnaire. A Summary Report of the findings is available here.
In response to the findings captured in this questionnaire, Council will:
- tailor its Community Training program to meet needs identified by respondents and work with Gympie Region Volunteer Centre to share training opportunities where possible.
- develop and implement COVID-19 Grants for Community Groups.
- provide guidance and assistance to groups reopening community facilities as restrictions ease.
- provide guidance to community groups that requested assistance through the survey.
- include support for community groups in Council’s Regional Recovery Plan.
Council would like to thank all the community groups who participated in this Have Your Say. Your views ensure Council can provide relevant and appropriate support.