|Emergency Action Plan|
|Local Disaster Management Plan|
|Be Prepared - Disaster Information|
|Information for Flood Affected Residents and Businesses|
|Queensland State Emergency Service (SES)|
|Refuse and Recycling|
Be Prepared - Disaster Information
Helping you prepare!
The Gympie region experiences flooding during extreme weather events.
Certain bridges and low lying roads have been known to get cut off when areas surrounding Gympie receive high amounts of rainfall and all this extra water flows in into the Mary River which runs through our region.
If you live or work within the Region, or will be traveling around or through it, it is important you are prepared and know what to do in the event of an extreme weather event. Please remember - never drive through flood waters!
This area of Gympie Regional Council's website provides links to resources that will help you prepare, get ready and stay safe in the event of an extreme weather event.
This page will be updated with information and links periodically, in conjunction with new developments arising from the Council’s Community Recovery and Wellbeing Program
- Prepare your Emergency Plan
Prepare your Pet Emergency Plan
Take the time now to prepare an emergency plan. It is an important step to prepare for what can happen and to stay safe.
- Prepare your Emergency Kit and Evacuation Kit
For many emergencies you may be able to 'shelter in place', either at home or at work or school. If you are required to evacuate, ensure you take your emergency kit, evacuation kit and emergency plan with you.
Ensure everyone knows how to:
- Tune In
- Log On
- Listen Out
When warnings are issued, you may be directed to:
- finalise preparations and secure items around your home
- activate your emergency plan and 'shelter in place' or
- evacuate to your predetermined safer location.
Be Prepared - Bushfires
Prepare, Act and Survive
Be Prepared - Businesses
- Business continuity planning – develop a basic plan to cover a range of crisis events.
- Business continuity plan template – download a template to help you develop your business continuity plan.
- Responding to a crisis – understand the crisis events that may affect your business.
- Recovering from a disaster – examine a range of recovery strategies that may be useful for your business.
- Gympie CBD Flood Plan - A comprehensive flood plan has been developed by the Gympie Chamber of Commerce to provide direction and assistance for Gympie CBD Businesses during flood events.